Your product has been created, priced, and assigned to a category. Now it is ready to be bought by your customers. Once bought, it can then be shipped. This article covers how to add specific shipping details to an individual product. These include package size and any additional shipping charges that need to be added to the item.
How to Add Shipping Details to Your Product in PrestaShop 1.6
- Log into the admin dashboard.
- From the main dashboard, click on Catalog and then Products.
- Once on the Products list page, click on the Edit button on the right side of the row for the product you want to work on.
- Once on the main Information screen for the product, click on the Shipping tab.
- This screen is where you will cover individual shipping details for the product.
Width Enter the width of the product’s shipping box. Height Enter the height if the shipping box. Depth Enter the depth of the shipping box. Weight Enter the total weight of the item after it is in it’s shipping box. Additional shipping cost (per quantity) If you need to charge additional shipping for the item, here is where you enter that amount. If you enter $1, then an additional $1 will be charged for each item, regardless of how your shipping rules are set. Carriers This is where you select one or more shipping carriers that will be delivering the package. To select a carrier, highlight them in the left column and click the Add button at the bottom. This will add it to the list on the right. All carriers in the right column will be available to deliver the package.
- Once you have entered your data, click on one of the Save buttons at the lower right to save the settings.
Congratulations, now you know how to add specific shipping details to an individual product in PrestaShop 1.6.
Launch your web presence quickly and easily with Shared Hosting. Our user-friendly hosting is perfect for everyone, providing the fastest shared hosting experience possible, all powered by cPanel.
Free Domain Free SSL Certificates Unlimited Bandwidth 400+ One-Click Applications