One of the more important selling points for your products is the image. With a proper image, more customers will buy your items. Products without images typically do not sell as well. In this article, we will show how to add images to your products in PrestaShop 1.6
How to add product images in PrestaShop 1.6
- Log into the PrestaShop 1.6 admin area.
- You are now on the main admin screen. From here, click on Catalog and then the Products option.
- This is the Products list page. Look for the product you want to add images to and click on the Edit button on the right side of the product row.
- This leads you to the Information screen for the product, click on the Images tab on the left hand menu.
The image tab has just a couple of fields.
Add a new image to this product Click on the Add Files button to add a file to the list of images to upload from your local computer. Legend This is the text description of the image.
After you add one or more images to the upload list, click on the Upload Files button to upload them to your product profile.
Next, you must also select one of the images to be the main image. This is called the Cover. To do so, click the box in the Cover column. If you only have one image, it is automatically selected for you.
- After you have uploaded the image and entered the legend, click on the Save or Save and Stay buttons on the right hand side. This will activate the changes.
Once you have saved the settings you can visit your site and see the new image for your product.