Managed VPS Hosting Product Guide
- Websites and applications
- DNS Records
- IT Automation
There are many benefits to cPanel-Managed VPS Hosting, not to be confused with Cloud Server Hosting. This product guide is designed to help you find tutorials for common tasks, such as website transfers, and more advanced initiatives like server hardening and optimization.
Getting Started with Managed VPS Hosting
Here’s a short list of common tasks you’ll need to know when getting started with a new cPanel server.
Transferring Websites & Emails
Transferring websites or emails from another web hosting provider or InMotion account? These articles can guide you through the migration process from moving the data, updating DNS records, and reviewing your work before publishing to the public web.
- Using Launch Assist for Website Transfer Requests (WTRs)
- Migrating Websites from Your Old Host
- Migrating Your Website Using cPanel
- Using WHM Transfer Tool to Copy cPanel Accounts
- Transferring non-cPanel Accounts
- Viewing cPanel Accounts
- Moving Emails to Your VPS
- Updating Domain Nameservers
- Checking your Server Information on a VPS or Dedicated hosting account
- Hosts File Modification (Windows / Mac & Linux)
cPanel & WHM
cPanel and WHM are very flexible, fully-featured server management software. There are new features added in every major update. Learn more in-depth information about how to modify cPanel and WHM features and why.
Learn how to manage email accounts, configure desktop email clients, and secure email communications on Managed VPS Hosting.
Basic Server Configuration
Listed below are basic server management tasks which affect all websites, applications, and online stores.
Advanced Server Configuration
These guides are more advanced but necessary for fully customizing a VPS to meet your needs.
Protect your data and users with these options for firewall, brute-force login protection, and antivirus (AV) scanning.
Other Important Tasks
Once you’ve finished setting up your server, these articles can help you discover ways to improve your server performance, workflow, and overall business success.
Other Managed VPS Hosting Tutorials
- How to Use Launch Assist for Website Transfer Requests
- How To Write Error Log to File
- CentOS 6 – End of Life (EOL)
- How to Install PHP Versions in EasyApache 4
- How to Secure cPanel Service Daemons (cpsrvd) in WHM
- Getting Started With the ImunifyAV cPanel Plugin
- Mattermost RSS Feed Configuration
- How to Install Mattermost Plugins and Integrations (3 Options)
- Configure Antivirus in Mattermost with ClamAV
- 2 Easy Ways to Embed YouTube Videos in Mattermost