What is Magento?
Magento Open Source is a free open-source eCommerce software that is designed for large scale stores with complex needs. It is typically an ecommerce solution that a business has graduated to due to smaller and more simple cart systems not being sufficient.
If this is your first ecommerce shop and you are not a php developer, generally we recommend checking our options on our Ecommerce Hosting page. Magento is a brilliant ecommerce system, but it is typically used by larger companies. Think at least $10K/mo to make Magento worth while and the tipping point is more likely for stores over $30k/mo for it to really shine cost versus benefit wise.
There are two version of Magento now. Adobe Commerce is the enterprise paid version that is available from Adobe. Magento Open Source is the popular cart that is typically what people are referring to when “Magento” is mentioned.
With the changes above and the new Magento 2.4.6 Release, InMotion has a new Education Channel in progress now to support the Magento Hosting plans already available.
As a relatively large scale software system, Magento typically requires a vps or dedicated server with fast php hosting and tuned MariaDB/MySQL.
These tutorials will include the steps you will take when transferring a Magento.
- Selecting Your PHP Version
- List coming soon!
Latest Magento Tutorials
Our most recent Magento walk-through guides – new Version 2+ guides coming soon!
- Major Changes in Magento 2.4.6 – Great News!
- 10 Tips to Improve Magento Security
- Magento – Critical Security Updates
- How to Install Magento 2 via Softaculous
- How to Disable Modules in Magento 2.x
- Magento – Critical Security Update 2.0.10 and 2.1.2
- Magento 1.x Critical Security Update Released
- Magento Security Patch Release 7-7-2015
- Magento Security Alert
- Security Alert – 4/30/2015 – Magento code execution vulnerability
- How to Change your Magento URL
- 302: How to get Magento to use both regular and secure connections
- Approving Customer Reviews in Magento 1.6
- Learning how customers create accounts in Magento 1.6
- Customer Product Reviews in Magento 1.6
- Configuring UPS Shipping in Magento 1.6
- Configuring Free Shipping in Magento 1.6
- Set up Flat Rate Shipping for a Specific Country in Magento 1.6
- Labeling a Product Out of Stock in Magento 1.6
- Allowing Backorders for Specifc Products in Magento 1.6
- Disabling or Enabling gift messages on Products in Magento 1.6
- Adding a Gift Message to Orders in Magento 1.6
- Setting a Special Price for Products in Magento 1.6
- Disabling Products in Magento 1.6
- Deleting Products in Magento 1.6
- Adding Products in Magento 1.6
- Deleting Product Categories in Magento 1.6
- Creating Product Categories in Magento 1.6
- Changing your Admin username in Magento 1.6
- Changing your Admin Email Address in Magento 1.6