If some of your products will be out of stock for a long time or indefinitely you may want to simply disable the product. This will allow you to keep the product and all of its settings in the Magento 1.6 Backend so you do not need to re-create it in the future. Disabling a product is easily done in the Magento Hosting 1.6 Admin Panel.
- Log into your Magento Admin Panel
- Go to Catalog ->> Manage Products
- Click on the product you want to disable.
- Scroll down towards the bottom of the settings and find “Status“.
- Change the “Status” to “Disabled“.
- Click Save.
If you need further assistance please feel free to ask a question on our Community Forum.