We continuously innovate to deliver the best web hosting experience to you.
Since inception, we have proven to push boundaries with our technology, tools, and customers’ experience. We have built a culture of innovation through new product development, strategic partnerships, and training. Our customers’ success is our passion.
#1 SSD Hosting Provider 2023
Best Choice for Shared Hosting
“We are a customer service company that happens to offer web hosting.” – Sunil Saxena
We create technology that is simple, crafted and cared for by teams of highly trained technical experts. We offer a suite of open source digital products and infrastructure technologies such as UltraStack and cloud computing. Through these technologies we are able to provide a variety of premium web hosting options, from enterprise level dedicated servers to shared hosting for small businesses. Our products are used by thousands of customers, located in more than 175 countries across the globe.
We are a company driven by over three hundred employees with a simple mission – an honest desire to see you succeed and grow.
InMotion Hosting is a privately-owned technology company providing web hosting, cloud-based solutions and managed services to businesses and entrepreneurs across the globe. With over 170,000 customers, our mission is to bring tools, platforms and outstanding customer service within anyone’s reach to transform their online presence. Since 2001, we have built our foundation around 24/7/365 U.S.-based customer support and open source technology.
InMotion Hosting at a Glance
Co-founded by Sunil Saxena and Todd Robinson, InMotion Hosting has offices in Los Angeles, CA, Virginia Beach, VA and Denver, CO. We have thousands of servers in our California, Virginia, and Netherlands data centers. Our core values drive us to provide the best experience on every customer interaction. We have over 20 years of experience supporting small businesses with an honest desire to help them succeed.
Founded in 2001
350+ Expert Team Members
What Our Customers Have to Say
“I would like to say that today I received extremely helpful support from Johnathan H. from your tech service department. As usual, he was very helpful in explaining to me what I needed to do to get my problem taken care of. I appreciate each and every one of your tech personnel and have NEVER had a problem in the tech department in all the years I have been with your service, and this means a lot to me! Thank you so much for providing excellent service to your users.”
– Cherise K.
Ease of Use
“I wanted to pass along my praise for both the ease of your company’s web hosting programs and in particular, the great service I received from your representative Shea. He was very informative yet not pushy. I look forward to your hosting services but I take extra comfort in knowing your staff will be helpful with issues that may arise as Shea did.”
– David N.
Friendly and Helpful
“Once again your support team has saved the day. I recently had a problem with my email, and Joshua L. was friendly, patient, and extremely helpful. My issue was fairly complex but he worked with me to get it resolved quickly and professionally. Every interaction that I have with your support staff is better than the last; I want to thank you for employing a support staff that is knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful in every interaction I’ve experienced.”
– Claire B.
What Sets Us Apart
U.S.-Based Customer Service
We’re Here When You Need Us Most
Every single product and service we offer is backed by live, 24/7/365 U.S.-based customer support experts. You can relax knowing your website and data are monitored for any unusual activity and benchmarked to continuously increase performance.
- Our team of web hosting experts averages more than four years of professional hosting experience.
- All support team members undergo a rigorous internal training program. Actively learning technical subjects such as WP-CLI, Linux, NGINX, and everything between.
- After 280+ hours of training, our support team members are ready to give you the best customer service experience.
Secure Data Centers
Safety and Security
Our data centers are some of the most secure places on earth. Secured by armed guards, hand scanners and locked vaults – just like the stuff you see in sci-fi movies.
- Your valuable data is always safe and your website is always online.
- We are connected to four Tier 1 Internet service providers (ISP). If a natural disaster should occur your website will always be online and have high-availability.
- Our data centers sit directly on the Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., and Amsterdam IXPs.
- Our web hosting network is based on the fast and reliable Linux and Unix operating systems. With fully redundant (N+1), climate-controlled data centers in the United States and Netherlands.
Green Data Centers
At InMotion Hosting, we are committed to responsible, eco-friendly policies. Our core belief is that it’s better to reduce than to simply offset. Especially when it comes to energy consumption.
- Since 2010, we’ve made large strides improving our carbon footprint at our data centers.
- We are the first-ever Green Data Center in Los Angeles. We cut cooling costs by nearly 70 percent and reduce our carbon output by more than 2,000 tons per year.
- We have made large strides in all of our office locations to reduce, reuse and recycle. From the reduction of paper plates and plasticware to more energy-efficient spaces.
- Additionally, we have partnered with Trees For The Future, a non-profit organization dedicated to sustainable agroforestry. Through our eco-strategy, we provide for the planting of 5,000 trees throughout the world.
Work Life Balance
We are dedicated to thrilling our customers through excellent service, and we achieve this by dedicating our time and resources to the personal and professional development of every staff member.
- We make sure each team member understands how much we appreciate their hard work, because we know a happy team member will deliver the best experience and products to our customers.
- Our team members regularly enjoy team outings, free lunches, annual picnics and more.
- 95% of our employees said that when you join the company, you are made to feel welcome.
- 83% of employees say it is a great place to work, compared to 59% of employees at a typical U.S.-based company.
Award-Winning Web Hosting
18-Year CNET Certified
Outstanding service, secure website transactions, and best business practices. We’ve been a top-rated CNET web hosting company for 18 years now.
We received an A+ service rating, the highest given by the Better Business Bureau. BBB is a consumer protection agency that reviews the integrity of businesses.
G2 rates products and vendors based on reviews gathered from our user community, as well as data aggregated from online sources and social networks.
Great Place to Work® Certified™
We are Great Place to Work-Certified™! This certification is the only recognition based entirely on what employees report about their workplace experience.
Commitment to Open Source
At InMotion Hosting, we attribute much of our success to open source, and we are committed to delivering industry-leading, open source technologies to our customers. Our commitment is based on the benefits that we’ve seen throughout our industry including affordability, flexibility, transparency, security, and technology freedom. Embracing this model allows us to create secure, stable environments and collaborate development with the entire open source community. We are fully committed to cultivating, supporting, and promoting popular open source technologies that customers can confidently deploy. InMotion Hosting is a Silver Founding Member of the OpenInfra Foundation, as well as one of the largest contributors to open source in our industry. We have ongoing sponsorships with today’s most popular open source programs such as WordPress, Joomla, b2evolution & PrestaShop.
Our Focus on Partnerships
Partnering with entrepreneurs, Web Ventures, a subsidiary of InMotion Hosting, focuses on identifying and improving smaller technology companies through partnerships, acquisitions, and investments. Placing large investments in small technology and WordPress-based companies, our venture capital division is transforming small business entrepreneurs’ ideas into top-notch products and companies.
Connect with Us
Join Our Team
Be part of a company that you will love. Profit-sharing, free lunches and more!
Press and Media
Everything you need to know about our latest news, media resources, and contacts.
Have A Question? We’re Here For You.
Learn more about our hosting and cloud solutions.