We continuously innovate to deliver the best web hosting experience to you.
Since inception, we have proven to push boundaries with our technology, tools, and customers’ experience. We have built a culture of innovation through new product development, strategic partnerships, and training. Our customers' success is our passion.
"We are a customer service company that happens to offer web hosting." - Sunil Saxena
We create technology that is simple, crafted and cared for by teams of highly trained technical experts. We offer a suite of open source digital products and infrastructure technologies such as UltraStack and cloud computing. Through these technologies we are able to provide a variety of premium web hosting options, from enterprise level dedicated servers to shared hosting for small businesses. Our products are used by thousands of customers, located in more than 175 countries across the globe.
We are a company driven by over three hundred employees with a single-minded culture - an honest desire to see you succeed and grow.
InMotion Hosting is a privately-owned technology company providing web hosting, cloud-based solutions and managed services to businesses and entrepreneurs across the globe. With over 570,000 customers, our mission is to bring tools, platforms and outstanding customer service within anyone's reach to transform their online presence. Since 2001, we have built our foundation around 24/7/365 U.S.-based customer support and open source technology.
InMotion Hosting at a Glance
Co-founded by Sunil Saxena and Todd Robinson, InMotion Hosting has offices in Los Angeles, CA, Virginia Beach, VA and Denver, CO. We have thousands of servers in our Los Angeles, CA and Ashburn, VA data centers. Our core values drive us to provide the best experience on every customer interaction. We have over 20 years of experience supporting small businesses with an honest desire to help them succeed.
- Cherise K.
Ease of Use
- David N.
Friendly and Helpful
- Claire B.
What Sets Us Apart
Every single product and service we offer is backed by live, 24/7/365 U.S.-based customer support experts. You can relax knowing your website and data are monitored for any unusual activity and benchmarked to continuously increase performance.
- Our team of web hosting experts averages more than four years of professional hosting experience.
- In addition, all support team members undergo a rigorous internal training program. Actively learning technical subjects such as WP-CLI, Linux, NGINX, and everything between.
- After 280+ hours of training, our support team members are ready to give you the best customer service experience.
Our data centers are some of the most secure places on earth. Secured by armed guards, hand scanners and locked vaults – just like the stuff you see in sci-fi movies.
- Your valuable data is always safe and your website is always online.
- We are connected to four Tier 1 Internet service providers (ISP). If a natural disaster should occur your website will always be online and have high-availability.
- Our data centers sit directly on the Los Angeles and Washington D.C. IXPs.
- Our web hosting network is based on the fast and reliable Linux and Unix operating systems. With fully redundant (N+1), climate-controlled data centers in Los Angeles and Washington D.C.
At InMotion Hosting, we are committed to responsible, eco-friendly policies. Our core belief is that it's better to reduce than to simply offset. Especially when it comes to energy consumption.
- Since 2010, we’ve made large strides improving our carbon footprint at our data centers.
- We are the first-ever Green Data Center in Los Angeles. We cut cooling costs by nearly 70 percent and reduce our carbon output by more than 2,000 tons per year.
- We have made large strides in all of our office locations to reduce, reuse and recycle. From the reduction of paper plates and plasticware to more energy-efficient spaces.
- Additionally, we have partnered with Trees For The Future, a non-profit organization dedicated to sustainable agroforestry. Through our eco-strategy, we provide for the planting of 5,000 trees throughout the world.
We are dedicated to thrilling our customers through excellent service, and we achieve this by dedicating our time and resources to the personal and professional development of every staff member.
- We make sure each team member understands how much we appreciate their hard work, because we know a happy team member will deliver the best experience and products to our customers.
- Our team members regularly enjoy team outings, free lunches, annual picnics and more.
- 95% of our employees said that when you join the company, you are made to feel welcome.
- 83% of employees say it is a great place to work, compared to 59% of employees at a typical U.S.-based company.
Commitment to Open Source
At InMotion Hosting, we attribute much of our success to open source, and we are committed to delivering industry-leading, open source technologies to our customers. Our commitment is based on the benefits that we've seen throughout our industry including affordability, flexibility, transparency, security, and technology freedom. Embracing this model allows us to create secure, stable environments and collaborate development with the entire open source community. We are fully committed to cultivating, supporting, and promoting popular open source technologies that customers can confidently deploy. InMotion Hosting is a Silver Founding Member of the OpenInfra Foundation, as well as one of the largest contributors to open source in our industry. We have ongoing sponsorships with today's most popular open source programs such as WordPress, Joomla, b2evolution, & PrestaShop.
Partnering with entrepreneurs, Web Ventures, a subsidiary of InMotion Hosting, focuses on identifying and improving smaller technology companies through partnerships, acquisitions, and investments. Placing large investments in small technology and WordPress-based companies, our venture capital division is transforming small business entrepreneurs’ ideas into top-notch products and companies.