Congratulations on your new Reseller Hosting account! We’re sure you’re ready to get started and this product guide will help you along the way. The Reseller Hosting Product Guide will introduce and teach you about the many great features that come with your account such as a free WHMCS license, dedicated IP addresses, SSL certificates, and managing your websites with cPanel/WHM software.
What is Reseller Hosting?
Reseller Hosting is the ability to resell website hosting. You can sell your services under your own brand and choose your own price. This can help to enhance web design businesses or other business consulting services where you can provide websites and web hosting services. InMotion Hosting handles all the back-end tasks – server management, hardware/software upgrades, maintenance, etc. – while you focus on your business.
Please click on this link to see a definition of Reseller Hosting that provides answers to the common questions on becoming a reseller including what’s included with your reseller subscription. Also, if you want a quick list of things to be aware of as a new reseller, please see: 5 Common Reseller Hosting Issues You Can Avoid.
When you’re first starting out in reseller hosting you will need to know a few basic things on how to use your account and the features that come with it. Check out the article links to learn about the fundamentals of a reseller of web hosting.
- Getting Started with Your Reseller Account (PDF)
- Reseller AMP Overview
- How to Log into WHM
- Creating cPanel Accounts for Your Customers
- Create a Package within WHM
- How to Access cPanels Via Your Reseller WHM
- Branding cPanel as a Reseller
- Registering New domain as a Reseller
- Creating and Customizing a Website with BoldGrid
- How to Set up a Payment Gateway with Authorize.net
- How to Offer Hosting Plans on Your Site
- Transferring Domains to Your Account
- Resetting cPanel Passwords in WHM
- Using a Dedicated IP as a Reseller
- About Pre-Configured Reseller Packages
- How to Add FreeSSL Certificates to Reseller Accounts
If you’re an experienced reseller, you may often run into more advanced tasks when working with website clients. These tasks may involve working with an old hosting service, using SSH, moving an SSL certificate, or working with email for different issues.
Using the WHMCS (Web Host Manager Complete Solution)
Your Reseller account comes with a license to WHMCS. WHMCS is an application that you can use to manage your online hosting account subscriptions. This includes both the web hosting subscriptions and the domain registrations that you can sell with your account. Use the following articles to help you use
- Why Use WHMCS?
- How to Request a License for WHMCS in AMP
- How to Install WHMCS
- WHMCS General Settings Overview
- Branding WHMCS
- How to Configure Mail Settings in WHMCS
- Creating Hosting Plans in WHMCS and Syncing with WHM
- Configuring Support Departments in WHMCS
- Connecting WHMCS to eNom Central
- Connecting WHM to WHMCS
- Adding Purchasable TLDs in WHMCS
- Creating Promotions and Coupons in WHMCS
Working with eNomCentral
InMotion Hosting’s reseller accounts also come with the option to add a free eNomCentral account so that you can register many different types of top-level domains. The articles below are those that were not listed in the basic, advanced, or WHMCS lists from above. If you are an old user of eNom, you will be familiar with what used to be called the InMotion Store. This was recently changed to eNomCentral.
Working with a Reseller VPS
The Reseller VPS plans include three different configurations that give you the power, flexibility, and control that you may want as a server administrator. If you’re new to using a VPS, check out these articles for help to get you started:
Note that cPanel creation is no longer unlimited. For more information, please see cPanel Pricing Changes. You can see the pricing that now applies to cPanel licenses. To learn more about the change, please see our FAQ on cPanel Pricing.
Another tool included with your InMotion Hosting account is the software installation tool called Softaculous. This tool is invaluable in that it helps provide many application installations that can also be tracked for update and backup purposes.
To learn more about our different Reseller Hosting plans make sure to check out our Resellers Hosting page!
Latest Reseller Hosting Tutorials
- White Label Branding – How to Guide
- Manage Your Server to Avoid Overselling Server Resources
- 5 Common Reseller Hosting Issues You Can Avoid
- How to update WHOIS in eNomCentral
- Make Changes to ID Protect (Domain Privacy) in eNomCentral
- eNom Sub-Retail and Sub-Reseller Accounts
- How to Register a Domain in eNomCentral
- How to Renew a Domain in eNomCentral
- Transferring Domain names to eNom for Resellers
- How to Edit Domain Prices in eNomCentral
- How to Login to eNomCentral
- InMotion Store Changing to eNomCentral
- How to Create a New eNomCentral Account in AMP
- How to Manage Reseller Subaccount Resource Usage After a cPanel Merge
- Reseller: Working with Backup Manager
- What TLDs Can Be Sold Through Enom as a Reseller?
- What Changes When You Brand a Reseller Account in InMotion Hosting?
- Which Reseller Plan Should I Select?
- About Pre-Configured Reseller Packages
- How to Setup Authorize.net with a Reseller Advantage Site
- How to Offer Additional TLDs on your Reseller Advantage Site
- How to Allow Domain Transfers on your Reseller Advantage Site
- How to offer Hosting Plans on your Reseller Advantage Site
- How to Change the Logo of your Reseller Advantage Site
- Migrating Customer Profiles to Your Reseller Account
- How to Migrate Databases into your Reseller Server
- How To Migrate Customers to Your Reseller Server
- Using Dedicated IPs as a Reseller
- Configuring the Value (Price) of Hosting Packages as a Reseller
- How to Market Yourself as a Reseller
- Building Your Brand as a Web Hosting Reseller
- How To Provide Support as a Reseller
- Branding Your Reseller Hosting Services
- Elements of a Reseller Hosting Package
- InMotion Hosting Shared Servers and Reseller servers Using SSD
- Determining IP Delegations as a Reseller
- What is Reseller Hosting?
- How to Create a Custom Default Page for cPanel Accounts