You have the option of modifying the look of your customers’ cPanels along with the webmail interface. You can add your logo or a custom footer. In this guide, we will show you how to make a copy of an existing cPanel branding style, go over the editable options, then set it as the default cPanel style.
How to Create a Custom cPanel Branding Style
- Login to WHM
- In the top left search box type branding and click on Branding
- You will see 2 options listed, one for cPanel, and one for webmail. Click the Live Editor link next to the one you want to edit. (The option for webmail ends in mail).
- Click the Create or Upload Branding button.
- In the Create a new branding style section, enter a name for your new template, and click the Create button. In my tests I named the new branding style: custom-cpanel. You will then see a message stating “The branding style custom-cpanel was successfully created.”.
- Click the Go Back to Branding Editor button.
- Now scroll down and find the branding style you created, and click Edit this Style
You will now see edit options, below is a brief description of what can be modified:
Option Description Edit Logos Select this option to change your logos, you can upload a custom one, and edit the CSS for the logos. Edit Icons This option lets you modify the icon buttons that display in the cPanel. You can choose a new file to replace the existing icons.l Edit Header/Footer You can modify the images and buttons in the header and footer on this page. Edit UI UI is short for user interface, this section lets you modify buttons and the way they respond. There are examples of the existing buttons to help identify what you are modifying. Edit Preview Images In this area, you can modify the way your custom branded style looks in the Branding Editor list. Edit HTML Pages This lets you directly edit a style’s HTML.
Edit Style Sheet You can edit the CSS for the style sheet here.
- You can make your new custom branded style to be the default style in the Branding Editor, by clicking Set Default for New Accounts. This will cause new accounts to use the new custom branded cPanel you created.
Congratulations, now you know how to make a copy of an existing cPanel branding style, you are familiar with the options, and you know how to set it as the default cPanel style. To learn more about branding for cPanel, please see our guide for An Introduction to Branding cPanel for your users.
If you’re looking to see how you can leverage your own brand to improve your reseller hosting sales, then check out Building Your Brand as a Web Hosting Reseller for more information!