Pricing for hosting providers and consumers that use cPanel, and WebHost Manager (WHM), changed in a significant after cPanel introduced a new licensing structure. How do new cPanel licenses affect you?
In this article, you will get all the information you need to know about the new cPanel pricing structure and how it affects your hosting plan.
- cPanel Has Changed Its Pricing Structure
- InMotion cPanel Pricing Adjustments
cPanel licenses are now usage-based. This change was made by cPanel, and it affects every host that runs cPanel on its servers–not limited to InMotion Hosting. Making an effort to help as much as possible, InMotion Hosting has been carefully considering how this price change affects you, the user, most fairly.
The pricing change will most affect VPS, Dedicated, and Reseller hosting products running cPanel.
cPanel’s new usage-based pricing structure eliminates our ability to allow customers to host unlimited cPanel accounts for VPS, Dedicated, and Reseller hosting plans.
Additional fees for cPanel licenses will vary based on usage. The license costs will be added as a separate bill item in Account Management Panel (AMP) invoices appearing monthly. This billing change went into effect starting January 31, 2020. If cPanel license renewal payments fail or lapse, then your server’s cPanel license will be suspended but your hosting will remain active. If your cPanel license is suspended, you will be unable to use cPanel or WHM, and some of the features provided by cPanel, such as email, may stop working.
Pricing will vary based on usage:
- 0 to 5 Accounts: Included (no fee)
- 6 to 30 Accounts: $10.40/mo
- 31 to 50 Accounts: $14.30/mo
- 51 to 100 Accounts: $19.50/mo
- 101 to 150 Accounts: $25.50/mo
- 151 to 200 Accounts: $31.50/mo
- 201 to 250 Accounts: $37.50/mo
If you exceed 250 cPanel accounts, each additional 50 accounts will add $6 to the license price, up to a maximum of 2000 accounts.
Cloud Server Hosting accounts remain unchanged since they do not run cPanel.
Prices For Dedicated Server Hosting
All Dedicated Server Hosting plans will be charged a $25 monthly fee for Managed Services and Support if there is a cPanel on the account.
There may be additional fees for the number of cPanel accounts on the plan.
- 0 to 100 Accounts: $25 monthly fee, no additional fees
- 101 to 150 Accounts: $25 monthly fee, plus an additional $25.50/mo
- 151 to 200 Accounts: $25 monthly fee, plus an additional $31.50/mo
- 201 to 250 Accounts: $25 monthly fee, plus an additional $37.50/mo
- Additional Accounts are $6/mo per additional 50 accounts, with a maximum of 2000 cPanel accounts
Learn more about how cPanel pricing affects Managed Dedicated Server Management.
Prices For Reseller Hosting
Customers with Reseller Hosting plans will not be charged an additional fee based on the Reseller Hosting plan’s cPanel usage. However, each type of Reseller Hosting plan has a maximum number of cPanel accounts available.
Resellers will no longer be able to host unlimited cPanel accounts, and will instead have the following limits:
|Plan||Number of child accounts|
|R-1000S||Up to 25 Accounts|
|R-2000S||Up to 50 Accounts|
|R-3000S||Up to 80 Accounts|
Resellers are limited to 80 accounts. Once you hit this limit, you must upgrade to a cPanel VPS, a Dedicated server, or purchase an additional Reseller Hosting plan to host additional cPanel accounts.
InMotion Shared Hosting plans (including Business Class and WordPress Hosting) will not incur a cost increase.
What can you do today to make this change easier?
- Find out how many cPanel accounts you have to better prepare for pricing changes
- Consolidate or eliminate any cPanel accounts you’re not using
- Reach out to cPanel users who may be affected before deleting any sensitive information
- Take backups of any affected accounts before deleting them
Experienced system administrators may see this as the perfect time to migrate to a bare Cloud Server or Bare Metal Dedicated Server without cPanel and install a light-weight replace such as Webmin or Control Web Panel (CWP).
If you have any questions regarding changes to cPanel licenses, feel free to reach out to our 24/7 Live Support anytime.