What is WHM?
Web Host Manager (WHM), is a program that allows you administrative access to your Reseller Hosting account. As a reseller, you will want to assign a separate cPanel to each of your client accounts. This allows each client the ability to log into their own cPanel to manage their hosting account. Creating, managing, removing, or modifying the cPanel accounts are done via the WHM interface. You will also have the ability to assign settings to multiple cPanels at once, by creating packages. WHM is a great tool that saves you a lot of time when managing your clients.
Logging into the WHM for the First Time
- To access the WHM login page, simply add ‘/whm‘ to the end of your domain name in your browser’s address bar. If your domain name is example.com you would enter ‘example.com/whm‘.
- From the WHM login page, enter your cPanel username and password.
- Click on the Login button.
Login WHM from AMP
- Alternatively, you can login WHM directly from AMP (Account management Panel).
- Login AMP.
- Select WHM to login as the primary cPanel user.
- It normally logs you in, but you may need to fill in the username and password.
Once logged in, you will be able to begin managing your cPanel accounts. At this point, you can follow our full guide on how to create a hosting package.