When selling your products as a reseller, you may want to create special promotions from time to time. This article explains how to create promotions and coupons from within WHMCS for you to use in your reseller hosting.
Creating Coupons and Promotions in WHMCS
- Log into your WHCMS admin interface.
- Click on Setup -> Payments – > Promotions.
- Click on Create New Promotions.
- Give the promotion a code. You can either make it up or generate one with the button.
- Assign the discount type.
- If it is a recurring discount set that here.
- Assign a value.
- Select which products to apply the discount.
- You can select an item that is required for the promotion.
- Set the Billing Cycle.
- Set an expiration or a max number of uses.
Select if you wish to make it a Lifetime Promotion.
- Select Apply Once to set the discount to apply only once per order.
- Select any other options you want to apply.
New Signups Apply to new signups only (must have no previous orders). Apply Once/Client Apply only once per client globally (only one order allowed per promo). Existing Client Apply to existing clients only (must have an active order to qualify). Upgrades/Downgrades Enable for product upgrades.
- Once you have finished, click on the Save Changes button to activate the promotion.
Once you have saved the promotion, you will return to the Promotions/Coupons list page, and your newly created promotion will be there.