Products can only be added within a product group. Once you have created one or more product groups, you will be ready to create products for them. This quick guide shows you how to create a new product within your WHCMS back office.
NOTE: A valid license for WHMCS is required to access the admin area of a WHMCS installation. Fortunately, a license for WHMCS is included with all of our Reseller Hosting plans. Want to learn more about WHMCS features? Be sure to check out our Reseller Hosting Product Guide.
Creating a New Product in WHMCS
- Log into WHMCS.
- Click on Setup >> Products/Services >> Products/services
- Click on the Create A New Product button.
- Assign it to a product type.
- Assign it to a product group.
- Enter the product’s name. Note: When completing the “Product Name” field, you should use the package name provided in WHM on the “Packages–>Edit a Package” page. Keep in mind when you create a package in WHM named “package,” WHM automatically appends the cPanel username to it such as “userna99_package”
- Click on the Continue button.
- Enter individual details for the product, then click on the Save Changes button.
- Click the Module Settings tab.
- Click the drop-down box next to Module Name and choose cPanel.
- You will then be presented with additional setting options, fill them in as needed. The only required field is the WHM Package Name. Note: You should enter the same package name from “Step 6” above.
- Choose if you want WHMCS to automatically create the cPanel accounts when a a purchase is completed. Select from the following options, then click the Save Changes button.
Automatically setup the product as soon as an order is placed Automatically setup the product as soon as the first payment is received Automatically setup the product when you manually accept a pending order Do not automatically setup this product
The product will now display under its assigned group on the Products/Services page.
Congratulations, now you know how to create a hosting plan in WHMCS, and sync it with WHM!
Please note that you can no longer create unlimited cPanels. For more information and price listings, please see our article on cPanel Pricing Changes. To learn more about the reasons behind this change, please see our FAQ on cPanel Pricing Changes.