In this guide I will explain what WHMCS is, and guide you on the basics of how to use it. Resellers may request one WHMCS license at no additional charge via AMP at no additional charge.
What is WHMCS
If you are a reseller and are looking for a one-stop hosting solution for things such as handling Billing and Support ticket requests, WHMCS is an incredible solution.
It is compatible with the major payment gateways such as PayPal, Google Checkout, and Authorize.Net, and includes many features such as the ability to use various currencies, create invoices, and create promotions.
You can also access the official WHMCS How-to guides here.
We will now show you how to accomplish the most common tasks in WHMCS.
How to Login to the Admin section of WHMCS:
- Access the website you installed WHMCS on, and add a: /admin to the end. For example if you installed WHMCS on: example.com, you would navigate to: example.com/admin to access the admin login page.
- Enter your username and password, then click the Login button.
- You will then be logged into the Admin area.
How to Add a Customer:
- Login to the Admin area in WHMCS.
- In the navigation menu, roll your mouse over Clients, then click Add New Client..
- On the Add New Client menu, fill in the contact information for your client.
- If you want an email notification sent to the customer, click the check box next to Tick this box to send a New Account Information Message .
- Click the Add Client button to save what you entered. You will then see summary of the profile you created.
How to Manage Domains:
- Login to the Admin section of WHMCS.
- In the navigation menu, roll your mouse over Clients tab, then click View/Search Clients.
- Click the name of the client, who owns the domain you want to manage.
- Click the Domains tab.
- As per the official WHMCS documentation, “You’ll also see a row labelled Registrar Commands with options such as Renew, Modify WHOIS, Get EPP Code, etc…” Clicking those options allow you to make changes with their registrar.