As a reseller you can provide support for your customers based on your availability and resources. Providing support is certainly not a requirement. For example, you could provide support only to customers who purchase a support package. InMotion Hosting offers free support 24 hours a day; but if your enterprise is operating on a smaller scale you might not have the capacity for 24-hour support. You can determine a schedule that works best for you.
How to Determine your Support Availability
Your hours of operation are determined by you. If you can afford to be available 24/7 then your customers may certainly appreciate it; but if you have set hours you would like to keep, you should let your customers know beforehand.
You can determine your hours of availability on a few different factors.
- Consider your average customer’s hours. If your customers are primarily open during normal business hours then you may want to consider covering the hours between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
- Coast to Coast? If you have customers across the country you may need to compensate for time differences.
- Phone? Chat? Ticket? Part of your availability will be determined by the kind of support you are offering. If you have a phone support option for your customers you must make sure you have enough staff available to answer every call, otherwise you may hurt your brand.
HelpDesk Software Available in Softaculous
In your reseller account, you can install virtually any popular HelpDesk software in accordance with our terms of service. For a fast and easy option you can also consider trying out the software available in your Softaculous installer.
Here is a list of some support software available in Softaculous > Customer Support:
- Vision Helpdesk Helps you launch a ticket system with support for multiple brands and a customizable customer portal.
- osTicket is an open-source ticket system helps field multiple support requests through email or contact forms.
- Live helper chat launches a live support chat.
These are a small sample of the full support options you have at your disposal.