Disabling a product in PrestaShop 1.5 is a feature that allows you to remove a product from the public view but still maintain it in the store itself. There may be a time when you temporarily wish to remove a product from display in your store. Deleting it would work, but it would also remove all data from the database. This is not beneficial if you were going to add it again later as you would need to submit all the information again. Disabling keeps the data on file and the product can be enabled again at any time. Follow the steps below to learn how to disable a product in your PrestaShop 1.5 store.
Disabling a product in PrestaShop 1.5
- Log into your PrestaShop 1.6 admin dashboard.
- Using the top menu bar, hover over the Catalog tab and click on the Products option.
- This leads you to the Products screen. Find the product you wish to work with and click on the Edit button on the right side of its respective row. The Edit button icon looks like a paper and pencil. In this example, we are going to choose the iPod Nano at the top of the list.
- This leads you to the Product Edit page. From here you want to ensure you are on the Information tab on the left hand sidebar. You should see a Status field on the right hand portion of the page. Click on the radio button labeled Disable.
- From here click on the green Save button in the upper right of the screen. This saves your product and it will no longer be visible to customers within the storefront. Below is a before and after, note the iPod Nano no longer appears to the customer.