When using cart rules, you may want to restrict them to a specific date range. This is the time frame the customer has to use the voucher. Perhaps you want to give them a special deal they can use for the month of September only, or give them a free item if they respond within a 2 week period from next Monday. Within the admin dashboard, there is a setting that allows you to set the beginning date and expiration date for cart rules. Below are the instructions on how to set up a date range for cart rules in PrestaShop 1.5
Setting a date range for cart rules in PrestaShop 1.5
- Log into your PrestaShop 1.5 admin dashboard.
- Using the top menu bar, hover over the Price Rules tab and click on the Cart Rules option.
- You are now on the Cart Rules screen. Find the rule you want to work with and click on the Edit icon (the one that looks like a pencil and paper) on the right side of that specific row.
- From within the Cart Rules edit screen click the Conditions tab on the left sidebar tab and find the field labeled Validity. From here you can set the beginning and end date for your offer. The program defaults the beginning date to the current date and the end date defaults to the same date in the next month. Enter your desired beginning and expiration dates.
- Once your setting is selected, click on the green Save button in the upper right corner. This takes you back to the cart rules list page where you can view the expiration date.