In our Registered Customer Info report, we got to view the data on all registered customers into subcategories. The next report in the list for our Working with People Stats course is the Visitors Online report will show us a bit of data based on visitors and customers that are currently on the site browsing the store. You do need to have a data mining module configured properly before the report will work.
Prerequisite: Configuring the Data Mining Module
- Before you can view the report, you must ensure that the data mining module is configured correctly. Be sure to go to the Modules tab in the upper tool bar menu and select modules from the submenu.
- Next, locate the module named Data Mining for Statistics and click on the Configure link.
- You are now on the module configuration screen. Find the top setting labeled Save Page Views For Each Customer and select the radio button with the green checkmark. This turns on the page views to allow the Visitors Online report to function correctly.
Below are the instructions for accessing the report and the explanation of the data you see there.
Accessing the Visitors Online stats report in PrestaShop 1.5
- Log into your PrestaShop 1.5 admin dashboard.
- Using the top menu bar, hover over the Stats tab and click on the Stats option.
- This will bring you to the Stats page. On the left hand sidebar are the many stats reports. Click on the Visitors Online link.
- The Visitors Online report is designed to display all visitors and customers that are currently on the site. It is broken down into two sections, Customers and Visitors. Customers are registered users and visitors are either unregistered or customers that are not logged in. They each have their own set of data.
Customers Online ID The customer’s unique ID Name The customer’s name Current Page Page they are currently viewing View Click this icon to open up the customer’s record Visitors Online Guest Guest number IP The visitor’s IP address Since The time they arrived on the site Current Page The page they are currently viewing Referrer Where the visitor came from
That covers the Visitors Online report, be sure to continue on to the next report on the list, the Software report.