When adding products in PrestaShop 1.5, you have the ability to set a unit price. The unit price will display on your product’s page, but it does not have any affect on how your product is priced.
How is unit price used in PrestaShop 1.5?
Even though we’re working in PrestaShop 1.5, the official PrestaShop 1.4 documentation gives the following description about unit price:
Enables you to conform to local legislations that require products to be displayed with their unit price.
You would think that if you had a product set at $4 per lb and the product was 2 pounds, PrestaShop 1.5 would automatically calculate the price to $8. This is not the case though, instead unit price is simply used to inform your customers how the product is priced.
You can see in the screenshot about how unit price is displayed within your product page.
How to set a Unit Price in PrestaShop 1.5
- Log into your PrestaShop 1.5 administrative dashboard
- In the top menu, hover over Catalog and then click Products
- In the list of products, find the one you want to edit the unit price for. Then, click the edit icon (pencil icon) to the far right of the product
- In the left menu, click the tab labeled Prices
- Next to Unit price, enter a price. Then, next to per enter a metric. You can see in the screenshot below how we set a product to $5.00 per pound.
When finished setting the unit price, click the Save button in the top right menu. You can see in the first screenshot on this page how unit price information will be displayed on your product page.