Viewing Orders in OpenCart
Now, that you have tested OpenCart by placing a new test order you can see how to process an order in the OpenCart Dashboard. It’s important for you, as the administrator of your OpenCart store, to understand what to do with orders once you receive them. Orders will be processed through your OpenCart Dashoboard.
- Log into your OpenCart Dashboard
- The last 10 orders will show on your Dashboard home page. However, you may have more than 10 orders in your shopping cart. Go to Sales > Orders
- To view a specific order click on the “View” on the right side of the order
- Order Details: This is a basic overview of the order information such as order status, order number, total, and basic customer contact information.
- Payment Details: This tab provides you with the payment details including the billing information as well as the method of payment.
- Shipping Details: Here you can find the shipping method as well as where the order should be shipped to.
- Products: This tab provides you with a list of the products purchased as well as the amount totals on the order.
- Order History: Here you can see a history of actions taken on the specific order. This is also where you can update the Order Status and ensure that the customer is notified of the status change in the order.
This will show you all the orders you have in your queue. You can sort the orders multiple ways by using the filters at the top of the screen.
The Left-hand side tabs will allow you to view specific information related to the order. It’s best practice to go through the tabs to understand what each tab provides and what you can do with them.
If you need further assistance please feel free to ask a question on our support center website.
InMotion Hosting provides hosting solutions for OpenCart! Go to OpenCart Hosting Accounts with InMotion Hosting for more information.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
2013-07-03 10:28 am
Under products we see only model, unit price & name. How to add more product specific attributes to be displayed ?
2013-07-03 1:21 pm
Thanks for the question! In order to do that, you will need to typically need to modify the database and add code. However, there are some extensions that may solve this issue for you.
Check out this link for an example of an extension that may meet your needs - this one is free, but there are others that also meet your needs that you may need to purchase in order to use.
I hope this provides the answer that you need! Please let us know if you require any further assistance!
2013-07-03 2:38 pm
I've already tried searching for an extension (free or with cost) but didn't found any such extension that provides me the option to see more information about a product under Orders.
I also checked your link, but that deals with front-end and it creates a new field. All I need is a product-attribute to be displayed on the admin side of order-details nothing in the store front.
NOTE : I'm happy to pay if I get any extension but I haven't found any yet.
2013-07-03 3:47 pm
Arnel provided a link to a free extension (Add Custom Field To Products) in his reply, but here it is again with the URL text:
I recommend viewing the screenshots, as they show examples of how it works.
If you have any further questions, feel free to post them below.
Post a Comment
Processing Orders in OpenCart
|1.||Viewing Orders in OpenCart|
|2.||Changing the status of an order in OpenCart|
|3.||Deleting Orders in OpenCart|
|4.||Printing Order Invoices in OpenCart|