Designing without templates
I want to design freeform without templates and without writing much HTML as I did with Yahoo sitebuilder. I do not want to hire a pro customizing service- at least for now. Can I migrate a site built with Yahoo SB? Can I build something on Muse & bring it in? What are my options? Suggestions for other software? I have installed Premium Site builder but it seems pretty tied to templates.
Can I migrate a site built with Yahoo SB?
- No, sitebuilders are not very transferrable. The only way to do that would be if they were created with the same builder tool and even then you would only be able to get the output and not the construction files themselves.
Can I build something on Muse & bring it in?
- Yes, you can use many types of builder and then publish the site up to the server. As long as it is not an asp anything that needs microsoft specific software on the server side such as IIS or MSsql.
What are my options?
- Other than the Microsoft restrictions, you are pretty much wide open as far as your development tool of choice.
Suggestions for other software?
- Many developers use software such as Dreamweaver iweb, Expressions Web, and Frontpage (not recommended) to build and upload their sites due to their ability to develop freely.
I have installed Premium Site builder but it seems pretty tied to templates
- You are correct. The builder is very template-centric. You can tell each page to remove the template, however it is not like a free design format that you will find with the other programs mentioned above.
I hope this answers your question. If you have any more questions or information specific to the issue please leave a comment below so we can further assist you.