Welcome to the InMotion Hosting
Community Support Center!
It's time to get an answer! Our Customer Community Team monitors questions between 9am - 5pm ET, Monday - Friday!
Remember to ask detailed questions to receive better answers. When necessary, include steps we can take to replicate an issue.
Please keep in mind that your question will be public, so please do NOT post any sensitive information, such as email addresses, usernames, or passwords. Learn more about how to make the most out of our Community Support Center.
Check out these related questions for an answer.Don't see an answer to your question? Click the Ask this Question button to submit it to the Community forum for review.
Hi Harry! If the domain has been transferred, it will show up in your Account Management Panel in the 'Domains' section.
A domain can show up in cPanel before it is transferred to your account here, and before the domain is pointed to our nameservers, so always check AMP to confirm a transfer! If the domain status is unclear after checking AMP, please reach out to our 24/7 Live Customer Service team for clarification.
Hi Rosebuzz! It sounds like you are talking about your domain registration. If that's the case, you're on the right track: domains can only be registered at one company at a time. Just make sure the domain registration does not expire! You can always transfer your registration to us at a later date if you wish, but it is not a requirement. Hope that helps!
I have registered a domain with the free domain option with the Power Plan. Can I change that domain name ? If I can change, will it still be free?
Anyone have experience with Earthlink? They have virtually no customer support and I cannot find the code to release the domain so I can migrate it.
My site is maintained through Inmotion Boldgrid but still registered through the old host, ipage. The registration expires net month. How much does renewing through Inmotion cost and where do I go to do it?
[...] is my construction company site. I want to move it here, but your system says I have to pay the other guy beforehand. The whole point is to put everything in one place. Can I move my domain here and have you host my other site without having to pay both you and the other guy?
For your privacy, I removed your domain from your post after I looked it up with the publicly available 'whois' tool.
It looks like your domain registration expired in late May. Because of this, the domain is not freely available for us to register. It is technically owned/registered by the agency (or, registrar) that you used to register it previously. It's likely in some sort of expiration grace period.
What normally happens in this case is the registrar holds the domain for a given period of time, allowing you to re-register it if you pay the equivalent of a late fee.
In this case, we cannot have you transfer the registration to us (since you don't appear to have a valid, unexpired registration), and we cannot register the domain for you (because it is not freely available to register).
Your choices are to pay your domain registrar to re-acquire the domain, or wait for their hold on the domain to expire and then attempt to register it when it is free. I say 'attempt,' because once it is free, anyone will be able to register the domain, not just you.
On top of that, there are entire businesses that do nothing but register recently released domains the second they become free using automated systems, then sell it back to interested parties like yourself at a much higher rate. It's not what you would call domain hijacking, since everything about that process is legal, but it is a source of frustration for many business owners. This does not always happen, but I see it enough that I think you should be aware of the risk.
I cannot advise you what the risk of that happening is, so the 'best' way to move forward will be up to you and the specifics of your business. I hope that explains why we cannot register/transfer the domain yet, though.
I have made steps for a domain transfer, but I have a doubt, the process status is "Error" but, when I click the status, this show me nothing.
The current step information is:
Step 7: Wait for the OpenSRS Email to Confirm the Transfer
YOU'RE NOT DONE YET! HERE ARE YOUR NEXT STEPS TO COMPLETE THE TRANSFER:
Wait for an Email from OpenSRS
In the next 1 to 3 days, you will receive an email at (admin email unavailable, please confirm with your current registrar) from OpenSRS requesting for you to confirm the transfer. It's important to confirm the transfer within 2 days of receiving this email; otherwise, OpenSRS will cancel the transfer. To ensure receipt of the confirmation e-mail, we encourage you to whitelist *@opensrs.com in your e-mail's spam filter settings.
It's my 3rd try, I don't know if I made a mistake or if this is ok rigth now.
Thanks in advanced.
Customer support service by UserEcho