How to Create Email Accounts in cPanel
In this article, you will learn how to create new email accounts through cPanel. You can use this method to create email accounts that utilize your primary domain name, as in firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you know? Not all hosting companies provide free access to cPanel. InMotion does and it's just one of the many features of our various web hosting plans.
How to Create Email Accounts
Follow the steps below to create an email account:
- Log into cPanel
- Under Email choose Email Accounts
- Fill in the fields under Add Email Account
- Fill in a username
- Assign the username to the domain of your choice
- Be sure to use a strong password
- cPanel will rate the strength of your password
- Set Mailbox Quota to "Unlimited" or a numerical limit
- Click Create Account
- You will receive a confirmation message
Using the Password Generator
If you are having trouble generating an acceptable password for your new email account, you can use the Password Generator.
- To the right of the password Strength bar, click the Password Generator button
- You will see a new, random password in the field
- (Optional) Click Generate Password to generate another password
- (Optional) Click Advanced Options to change the length of the password or the use of special characters
- When satisfied with the complexity of your password, click the checkbox to verify that I have copied this password in a safe place
- Click Use Password
Well done! You now know how to create new email accounts in cPanel!
You are NOT logged in. You can still browse our Support Center.
To participate within our Community Support Forum: