As the owner of a VPS or Dedicated server account, you have the ability to create and manage multiple cPanel accounts. These may be all yours or perhaps you have clients on your server with their own cPanels. Sometimes, a cPanel password will be forgotten and you may be asked to reset it. This is easily done within the WHM as we demonstrate below.
In this article, you will learn how to reset a cPanel password in WHM.
Resetting a cPanel password
- Log into your WHM interface.
- Click on the Account Functions option in the left hand menu.
- Click on the Password Modification tool. This can be done either from the left menu or the main panel.
- Select the account you wish to change the password for by highlighting it in the list.
- Enter the new password in the Password field. Optionally, you can have the WHM generate a random password using the Password Generator button.
NOTE: Be sure to write down the password as you will not be able to see it after leaving this page.
- Click on the Change Password button to save the new password.
Now the cPanel user can use the new password to access their cPanel. WHM does not automatically notify anyone of the new password so you will need to let the cPanel manager know the new password if it is someone other than yourself.