MX records

  • Answered
I've designed a new website and want to move it from another host to my space on In Motion Hosting, but I don't want to change the email route that is already in place. Is this possible?
Tim S.
Hi stu, Thanks for posting your question. I'm more than happy to assist you today. What you're looking to accomplish can be achieved through DNS records. You can move the files over for the website, then at your current host point the A record to the IP address of the server your account is housed on here at InMotion. Alternatively, you can change the namerservers over to our nameservers, thus moving everthing over to InMotion. At the same time you can create MX records to point to your current mail provider. Here's a link on working with MX records: How to work with DNS records If you need further assistance please feel free to contact us. Thanks! Tim S