As a hosting reseller, you can create multiple cPanel accounts and resell them to users. But, if you have a prospective client who isn’t familiar with cPanel, you can offer them a demo account where they can try out cPanel to see if they like it. Demo mode forbids actions that might cause damage like:
- Creating or editing files
- Editing DNS zones
- Creating domains
However, the account will appear to be fully functional. In order to use the demo mode, you can enable it on a specific cPanel account from within WHM.
How to Enable Demo Mode in WHM
In order to use this procedure properly, you must either create a new cPanel account or use an existing one.
- Log into WHM
- Click Manage Demo Mode under Account Functions
- Enable Demo Mode for affected domain by clicking Enable
Now your users will be able to log into the demo account and try out a fresh cPanel.
Other Reseller Resources
We have many full guides available to those interested in Reseller Hosting in our product guide.
- How to create hosting packages
- How to access cPanel Accounts via WHM
- Transfer websites from another cPanel host
And if you have any questions, be sure to leave a comment below! We always appreciate your feedback.