What is OpenCart
OpenCart is a free open-source eCommerce software that makes it easy to build and manage an online store. Manage your products, inventory, shipping, sales, promotions, and taxes right from a dashboard known as the Admin Panel.
Accept money right from your OpenCart store by utilizing many of the popular payment gateways such as PayPal, Authorize.net, Amazon Pay, and Square among others.
Use Custom templates to quickly change the look and style of your eCommerce website. If you are a web designer you can also custom code your site to further suit your needs.
Install free or commercial OpenCart Extensions to add abilities to your store like search engine optimization (SEO), or social media tools.
Check out our catalog of OpenCart tutorials to learn how to make a successful online store.
Sign up for OpenCart Hosting with InMotion and start your eCommerce business today.
While OpenCart is quite easy to use, these guides will help you when you’re first starting out with your online store. Explore our basic OpenCart tutorials to learn how to install, log in, then start adding products and setting up payment, tax, and shipping rates.
These tutorials include some of the first steps you should take when running an online store using OpenCart. Get started by learning how to install, then login, and setup your website
One of the most important aspects of running an eCommerce store is product management. The following guides will help you learn how to add traditional and downloadable products, product categories, tags, reviews, and attributes among other things.
Setting Up Payment, Taxes, and Shipping
Now that you know how to add products, the next step is to be able to accept payments, charge taxes, and ship the items. Learn how to accomplish that with the following tutorials.
Now that you started an online store using OpenCart, it’s time to customize your site. Extensions and Modules are an easy way to add functionality or change the look and feel of your website. Learn more about customizing your OpenCart site in the following guides.
Latest OpenCart Tutorials
Here is a list of our most recent OpenCart walk-through guides.
- Using a Google Site Map in OpenCart 1.5
- 313: Approving a Review of a Product in OpenCart 1.5
- 312: What version of OpenCart am I running?
- Enabling a Specific Shipping Method in OpenCart
- Introduction to Shipping in OpenCart
- Removing a Geo Zone in OpenCart
- Adding a Tax Rate to an Existing Tax Class in OpenCart
- Creating a Geo Zone in OpenCart
- Adding a New Tax Class in OpenCart
- Removing Existing Tax Rates in OpenCart
- Adding a New Tax Rate in OpenCart
- Introduction to Taxes in OpenCart
- Introduction to Geo Zones in OpenCart
- 310: Installing vQmod Manager
- 309: Installing the vQmod Very Simple AJAX Live Search Module
- 308: Installing vQmod on OpenCart 1.5
- 307: Manually Creating Gift Vouchers in OpenCart 1.5
- Selling Gift Vouchers on your OpenCart 1.5 Website
- 305: Using the customer credit report in OpenCart 1.5
- 304: Adding a store credit to a customer’s account in OpenCart 1.5
- 303: Creating a Downloadable Product in OpenCart 1.5
- 302: Dealing with Returned Orders in OpenCart 1.5
- Creating coupon codes in OpenCart 1.5
- Using the Shipping Report in OpenCart
- Using the Products Viewed report in Opencart
- Using the Products Purchased Report in OpenCart
- Using the Sales Report in your OpenCart Dashboard
- Printing Order Invoices in OpenCart
- Deleting Orders in OpenCart
- Changing the status of an order in OpenCart