What is Joomla?
Joomla, also known as Joomla! is a content management system based on a model-view-controller framework. Follow the articles below to learn about this free and open-source system.
Looking to start a website? InMotion offers Joomla Hosting plans that can grow with your business.
Getting started with Joomla is easy, but the number of customization options are endless. This section contains some of the beginner guides to help you get started with installing, logging in, and using Joomla.
With almost limitless customization options in Joomla, you can build a custom site that is beyond compare. These are some of our popular guides to help you start modifying your site to suit your needs.
Once you understand the Joomla basics, you can move on to more complex changes. Manage your URL or change your database settings, or install Modules and Plugins to add abilities to your site. This is all covered in these guides.
Latest Joomla Tutorials
Here is a list of our most recent Joomla walk-through guides.
- Joomla Development Tips for New Sites
- Joomla Extensions: Choosing Between Free and Paid
- Understanding Template Issues When Migrating to Joomla 4.0
- Joomla Autosave Extension
- How to Trash, Unpublish, and Hide Menu Items in Joomla 4.0
- How to Add and Remove Menu Items in Joomla 4.0
- Learning About the Menu Interface in Joomla 4.0
- How to Use Bootstrap 5.0 Alerts in Joomla 4.0
- How to Use the Free Mini Frontpage Extension for your Joomla 4.0 Site
- Joomla! 4.0 Smart Search Options
- Joomla! 4.0 Smart Search
- Add Social Media Buttons to Joomla 4
- Starting a Joomla 4 eCommerce Store With HikaShop
- Joomla 4 Vote Plugin
- How to Contact Joomla Developers for Support
- EmbedChessboard Joomla Plugin
- The Joomla 4 JCE Extension
- How to Enable Gzip Compression in Joomla 4
- Badges with BootStrap 5.0 in Joomla 4.0
- The Most Secure Way to Log into Joomla 4.0 – 2FA with Yubikey
- Small PHP Maximum Post Size Joomla 4 Warning
- Joomla 4 Log Settings
- Using Text Filters in Joomla 4
- How to Set Joomla 4 Update Channel
- Joomla 4 Configuration.php File
- How to Add CAPTCHA to a Joomla 4 Site
- How to Use Special Bootstrap Typography in Joomla 4
- Joomla 4 Remove Extension
- How to Create Custom Fields in Joomla 4
- What is Web Authentication (WebAuthn) and How Do You Use it in Joomla! 4.0?
- How to Create a Slideshow (Carousel) in Joomla 4.0 using Bootstrap
- Using Bootstrap 5 in Joomla 4.0 – Collapse Text
- Using Bootstrap 5 in Joomla 4.0 – Tables
- How to Create Categories in Joomla 4
- How to Create Articles in Joomla 4
- How to Create a Joomla User Account
- How To Integrate RSS Feed Into Joomla 4 Site
- How to Create a Contact Form in Joomla
- Joomla 4 Smart Slider Extension Guide
- How to Embed PDF Files in Joomla! 4.0 with PDF Embed