What is Joomla?
Joomla, also known as Joomla! is a content management system based on a model-view-controller framework. Follow the articles below to learn about this free and open-source system.
Looking to start a website? InMotion offers Joomla Hosting plans that can grow with your business.
Getting started with Joomla is easy, but the number of customization options are endless. This section contains some of the beginner guides to help you get started with installing, logging in, and using Joomla.
With almost limitless customization options in Joomla, you can build a custom site that is beyond compare. These are some of our popular guides to help you start modifying your site to suit your needs.
Once you understand the Joomla basics, you can move on to more complex changes. Manage your URL or change your database settings, or install Modules and Plugins to add abilities to your site. This is all covered in these guides.
Latest Joomla Tutorials
Here is a list of our most recent Joomla walk-through guides.
- Adding a templateDetails.xml file to a Joomla 3.1 Template
- How to add module positions to a Joomla 3.1 template
- A very basic template soon to be a Joomla 3.1 template
- Joomla 3.1 Blog Template
- How to change your site language in Joomla 3.1
- Joomla 3.1 Error – Could not instantiate mail function
- How to Change your Joomla Database Settings
- Troubleshooting Joomla 3.1 Database Connection Errors
- How to hide the banner image in Joomla 3.1
- How to change the banner image in Joomla 3.1
- How to add a Read more button in Joomla 3.1
- How to write a blog post in Joomla 3.1
- How to hide the login module in Joomla 3.1
- How to Disable User Registration in Joomla 3.1
- Adding a Menu Item to a Menu in Joomla 3.1
- How to Create a Menu and Menu Module in Joomla 3.1
- How to Create a Horizontal Menu in Joomla 3.1
- How to View Module Positions in Joomla 3
- How to hide Prev and Next Navigation buttons in Joomla 3.1 articles
- How to hide when an Article was Published in Joomla 3.1
- How to Show Last Modify Date for articles in Joomla 3.1
- How to Show Create Date for Articles in Joomla 3.1
- How to hide the Article Author in Joomla 3.1
- Using the Link Parent setting in Joomla 3.1
- How to Show Parent Categories for Articles in Joomla 3.1
- How to Disable Linked Categories in Joomla 3.1
- How to Hide Article Categories in Joomla 3.1
- How to Disabled Linked Titles in Joomla 3.1
- How to Hide Article Titles in Joomla 3.1
- How to Assign an Article to a Category in Joomla 3.1
- How to create a new Article Category in Joomla 3.1
- Changing Email Settings in Joomla 3.1
- How to change Database Settings within Joomla 3.1
- Configuring FTP Settings in Joomla 3.1
- Joomla 3.1 Server TimeZone
- How to Force SSL in Joomla 3.1
- Joomla 3.1 Error Reporting
- How to use Gzip Page Compression in Joomla 3.1
- How to change the path to your Temp Directory in Joomla 3.1
- A look at the Joomla 3.1 Session Handler Setting