When facing an issue with your InMotion Hosting account, including web pages, domains, files, and emails, sometimes you can feel lost. When contacting our Support Department, it is beneficial to make sure you have some basic information readily available as well as understanding the methods of contacting our support team.
How to get help with your account:
Before Contacting Us – Gathering the Right Information
To receive the best possible support, it is beneficial to have all the necessary information prior to contacting us.
- cPanel username or the primary domain listed on the account
- Account Verification such as last four digits of the current credit card on file. Hashcode Verification is available for Live Calls and Chats and can be found in your AMP interface.
Gathering specific information can help us gain some insight into the issues you need help resolving. To do so, here’s a basic guide of what information we’re looking for:
- Your domain name.
- A description of the problem.
- History of the problem.
- Any error messages you are receiving.
- Steps we can take to replicate the problem.
- What software and version are you using?
- Is it a base install or are plugins/modules added?
- Were there any changes made just prior to the start of the issue?
- If the software supports it, is caching enabled?
For more details on what information you will need to provide to your tech support agent, please see our article entitled Necessary information to know before contacting support.
How to get help with your account
There are numerous ways you can contact our Support Department for help with your account. We will now go over the available methods for getting support.
When you initially need help, we recommend using the search bar at the top right corner of the support page. We have many tutorials online and they’re updated often.
Ask a Question in Our Public Forums
If you are not finding a solution to your issue by searching our extensive base of articles and education channels, please feel free to submit a question on our Community forum.
Submit a Ticket
Submitting a ticket through AMP:
The Account Management Panel (AMP) now offers a “Support” page. This screen offers a quick guide on how to obtain assistance through our billing, technical support, or sales teams. It also offers an interface to write a verified support ticket to either the Billing or Technical Support departments. The submitted ticket entry is tracked through email.
Submitting a ticket through Email:
You can also submit a ticket directly through your email client. To submit a ticket this way, send an email to: [email protected] Include a description of your problem, the version(s) of software/application involved, any error messages, and steps to duplicate a specific issue. Make sure that you provide verification information for your account using the last four digits of the credit card on your account.
Once you are logged into your AMP, you can select the Launch Chat button. A pop-up will appear. Simply, fill out the form and ensure you select Technical Support from the Please select the most appropriate department drop-down menu. Since the live chat initiated from within your authenticated AMP session, your account is automatically verified.
Just like our Live Chat and our ticket system, phone support is offered to our customers 24 hours a day. Our support phone number is also located at the top of the page, it is:
View our Contact Information in AMP
- Login to AMP.
- Click the GET SUPPORT button on the top right.In the More Ways to Contact Us section you will see our contact phone numbers for: Technical Support, Account + Billing, Sales, and Web Design Services.
Take your business to the next level! Meet your customers online with InMotion’s Shared Hosting solutions.