When you contact InMotion Hosting, for security and privacy, you will be asked to verify your account. You can provide account verification with either the last 4 digits of a credit card on file, an AMP Hashcode, or a Passphrase.
A Passphrase can be any word/phrase that you would provide in lieu of the AMP password or last 4 digits of your credit card to verify your account. In this guide, you can learn how to add a Passphrase using the AMP interface.
Add a Passphrase
- Log into your AMP.
- Click on the My Account drop-down menu.
- Click on Login & Security.
- Scroll down to the bottom of this page, to reach the Account Passphrase section. Then, click on Edit Passphrase.
- In the field that appears, enter your desired Passphrase using letters and/or numbers. Special characters are not allowed.
- Click the Save button to save your new Passphrase.
Now that you have added a Passphrase to your account you may provide it when contacting InMotion Hosting, to verify your account. If you add a Developer Passphrase, you can provide this to your developer or designer. They will be able to provide this to Support Agents and receive verified access to the account’s cPanel. A Developer Passphrase will not provide AMP access.