Magento Community Edition has released its next version, Magento Preview Version CE 22.214.171.124-RC-1. This new version has recently been moved from Beta and is on a fast track to a full release at a later date. Magento recommends not using this version on a production or “live” site since it’s unlikely to be stable at this time. Some of the new features you’ll find in this release are:
- Autonomous creation of multiple coupon codes for the same promotion
- Ability to support different base prices for products for different customer groups
- Captcha functionality to reduce the amount of spam in your cart
- Improved Backup and Rollback (backup restoration from a restore point) features
- Mobile theme based on HTML5 (redesigned)
- Additional Placeholders for Developers
- Toggling IP tracking on Sales pages in the Magento Backend
- Functionality added to customize logo on emails from Admin
- Ability to clean cached files through cron job
- New payment methods for cash on delivery (COD) and Bank Transfer
These are only some of the changes made in the newest version of Magento 1.7.0. More information about Magento 1.7.0 can be found on the official Magento Release Notes website.
Maximize your eCommerce business with Magento Hosting. Create a robust online shop with options for customization, flexibility, and scalability.
If you need to install the latest stable version of Magento (1.6.2) please see our article on Installing Magento.
If you need further assistance please feel free to ask a question on our support site.