Joomla 2.5 has reached its end of life as for 12/31/2014. Please be advised this may be a security risk to your website. You can view more information about the end of life here.
During our testing of VirtueMart, when we added our first product we entered the price under the assumption it would be listed using the American Dollar format. As you can see from the screenshot below, VirtueMart for Joomla 2.5 is setup by default to use the Euro instead of the American Dollar.
If your primary customers will not be using the Euro, for customer usability purposes you’ll want to adjust the default currency of your VirtueMart store. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to change your store’s default currency.
To configure the default currency in VirtueMart:
- Log into your Joomla Dashboard
- In the top menu, hover over Components and click VirtueMart
- Click the Shop icon
- There are three tabs listed: Vendor, Additional Information, and General User Information. Ensure you are under the Vendor tab by clicking Vendor.
- Towards the right of the page, you will see a heading labeled Currency, and under that another option that says Currency. Using the drop down menu next to Currency, select your default currency. In our example, we selected United States dollar.
- In the top right menu, click Save. When you visit your VirtueMart store, you will now see the currency listed as the currency you selected!
Thoughts on “How to change the Default Currency in VirtueMart for Joomla 2.5”
Hi, I have a question about VM, Why VM menu always lost together with shoppers group every time the site was restored through local host?
How to bring back the VM menu?
Advance thanks for your reply.
Thank you for contacting us. We will need some additional information to help you troubleshoot this problem. Can you provide a link to the site, or screenshot of the issue?
What 3rd party themes/extensions are you using?
I hve done all the changes but effect remains only in back-end.Front-end still shows the previous curreny type.
This may just be a caching issue. I recommend fully clearing your browser cache.
I am having the same problem as well i can’t find the vendor tab in my in the specific place they say it will be, how do i fix this
Did you follow our instructions for how to install VirtueMart?
If you are sure that VirtueMart is installed correctly, like AndreaLolli has mentioned a few comments above yours, you need to make sure to set your client is set as a vendor on the Orders & Shoppers tab before the Vendor tab is displayed.
hello my virtue mart doest have thr vendors tab how do i fix that?
Be sure that you are within the Shop menu item. If you still do not see it, you may not have VirtueMart installed properly and you may need to reinstall it.