What is Joomla?
Joomla, also known as Joomla! is a content management system based on a model-view-controller framework. Follow the articles below to learn about this free and open-source system.
Looking to start a website? InMotion offers Joomla Hosting plans that can grow with your business.
Getting started with Joomla is easy, but the number of customization options are endless. This section contains some of the beginner guides to help you get started with installing, logging in, and using Joomla.
With almost limitless customization options in Joomla, you can build a custom site that is beyond compare. These are some of our popular guides to help you start modifying your site to suit your needs.
Once you understand the Joomla basics, you can move on to more complex changes. Manage your URL or change your database settings, or install Modules and Plugins to add abilities to your site. This is all covered in these guides.
Latest Joomla Tutorials
Here is a list of our most recent Joomla walk-through guides.
- Joomla 2.5 – Put a Module in an Article
- Joomla 2.5 – Disable mootools
- Joomla 2.5 Templates – $this->baseurl
- How to use the Joomla 2.5 Language Overrides Tool
- How to Add a New Note for a Joomla 2.5 user
- How to upgrade to Joomla 2.5.2
- How to create a new Joomla 2.5 Administrator
- How to use the Joomla 2.5 Redirect Manager
- How to change the Site Language in Joomla 2.5
- How to change the timezone in Joomla 2.5
- How to link to other articles within Joomla 2.5
- How to configure Joomla 2.5 error.php timezone
- How to disable user registration in Joomla 2.5
- How to Configure Joomla 2.5 to Send Email Using SMTP
- How to enable ReCaptcha in Joomla 2.5
- How to put your Joomla 2.5 site in Maintenance Mode
- Understanding Global Module Caching in Joomla
- How to enable the Debug System in Joomla 2.5
- The Difference Between a Joomla Plugin, Module, and Component
- How to install a Joomla 2.5 Component
- How to install a Joomla 2.5 Module
- How to install a Joomla 2.5 Plugin
- Joomla 2.5 Menu Items – Category List vs. Category Blog
- How to link to a Category in a Joomla 2.5 Menu
- Working with Article Categories in Joomla 2.5
- How to link to an Article in a Joomla 2.5 Menu
- How to create a new Menu and Menu Module in Joomla 2.5
- An Introduction to Joomla 2.5 Menus
- How to move a Joomla 2.5 module to a different position
- How to View Module Positions in a Joomla 2.5 Template
- Upload and Add Images into Joomla 2.5 Articles
- How to write a new Article in Joomla 2.5
- How to change your Joomla 2.5 Site Template
- How to install Joomla 2.5
- How to Reset Joomla! Passwords
- How to install Joomla on your Temporary URL
- Installing Joomla without Fantastico
- How to install a Joomla Template
- Getting Started Guide: Joomla