When creating and managing cPanel accounts within WHM, you can decide whether to allow them shell access or not.
How to allow shell access when creating a cPanel account
- When creating a new cPanel account, select the option, “Select Options Manually”
- After doing this, you will see the option to allow or prevent “Shell Access”
How to allow shell access for a previously created cPanel account
- Log into WHM
- Click “Modify an Account” under Account Functions
- Select the account in question and click “Modify“
- Select (or deselect) “Shell Access” under Account Privileges to grant (or remove) shell access.
- Click “Save“