Joomla 2.5 has reached its end of life as for 12/31/2014. Please be advised this may be a security risk to your website. You can view more information about the end of life here.
When creating new menu items in Joomla 2.5, one of the available options is a List All Categories menu type. Creating a List All Categories menu item will create a link, that when clicked, will bring users to a page that list all categories within a specific parent category (which you can select).
How to create a List All Categories menu item in Joomla 2.5:
- Log into your Joomla admin
- In the top menu, hover over Menus, hover over the menu you want to create the menu item for, and then click Add New Menu Item
- Next to Menu Item Type, click Select and then click List All Categories
- Next to Menu Title, enter a name for the menu item
- Next to Select a Top Menu Category, select the top category that you would like to show all categories within
- Click Save in the top right menu
- Visit your Joomla 2.5 website, find and click on your new link, and you will then see a listing of all categories within the top menu category you selected!
Thoughts on “Joomla 2.5 Menu Items – List All Categories”
Thank you for contacting us. It’s not exactly clear what you are trying to accomplish, but there are some 3rd party modules available for this type of listing. Such as Monthly Archive.