How to create a new Joomla 2.5 Administrator
Joomla 2.5 has reached its end of life as for 12/31/2014. Please be advised this may be a security risk to your website. You can view more information about the end of life here.
When you manually install Joomla 2.5, the user account that is created is an administrator account. This means that this user has full control over your website and can make any changes they wish. Many times there will be more than one person managing a Joomla website. In this article, we'll walk you through the steps for creating an additional Joomla 2.5 Administrator account.
To create a new Joomla 2.5 Administrator Account
- Log into your Joomla Dashboard
- In the top menu, hover over Users and then User Manager, and then click Add New User
- Enter the required information under Account Details. This will include the user's name, screenname (Login Name), email address, and password.
- Under Assigned User Groups, select Super Users
- In the top right menu, click Save
You have now created a new Joomla 2.5 Administrator account! In the screenshot above, we created a new Admin with a username of admin2.
Joomla Community Google+ Hangout #3
June 3rd, 2014
Thank you @RustyJoomla for letting me speak on the Joomla Community Google+ Hangout!