Connecting via Skype
- The first time you click the button above, you may be prompted to select a program to use. Select Skype then click the checkbox named Remember my choice for Skype links and then click the OK button.
- After Skype opens up, click on Call and then Show Dial Pad
- The dial pad will now display along with a button at the bottom to toggle it. From here you can select the proper department from the phone menu.
Don’t have a Skype account? Need to install it to your local machine? Read on below as we give you step by step instructions on how to get started.
Creating a Skype Account
- Visit https://www.skype.com and click on the Join Us link at the top of the page.
- You are taken to the signup form where you will enter all the information for your account. The fields marked with * are required.
- After entering your information, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the I agree – Continue button to complete your signup.
Setting up Skype
Now that you have your account created, you will need to install Skype onto your local machine.
- Visit https://www.skype.com and click on either the Get Skype or Download Skype button.
- Next, select the correct download for your operating system. For purposes of these instructions, we will assume a Windows operating system.
- You will be prompted to save the Skype setup program to your local machine. Click on the Save File button.
- On your local machine, visit the folder to which you downloaded the set up program. Locate it and double click on it to run the program.
- You are now on the Skype setup wizard. First, select your Language and then click the Continue button.
- The next step is the option to install the Skype Click to Call program. It makes it easy to open Skype from within web browsers. This is not part of the main Skype program. It is selected by default, so if you do not want to use it, click on the checkbox to uncheck it. Click Continue to go to the next step.
- This step asks you to set your default search engine to Bing and your homepage to MSN. These are selected by default, so be sure to uncheck the boxes if you do not want this to happen. This will not affect the functioning of Skype in any way. Once finished, click the Continue button.
- Skype will now install its files. Once completed, you will see the Skype login prompt. This means Skype has been installed onto your machine. To get started, simply log in with your Skype account.