Gravity forms is one of the most powerful and user-friendly commercial Plugins for adding Forms to your WordPress Website. The Gravity Forms plugin for WordPress, has a PayPal Add-On available that lets you easily accept payments. In this tutorial, I will show you how to setup the Paypal Add-On in Gravity forms for WordPress. We will cover installing, and activating the Add-On. Then Configuring Paypal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN).
Setting Up PayPal in Gravity Forms
- Gravity Forms must be installed to complete this tutorial.
- Login to WordPress Dashboard.
- Click the Forms button in the navigation menu.
- Under Forms, click Add-Ons. You will then see the available Add-Ons for Gravity Forms.
- Scroll down to PayPal Add-On, and click the Install button.
- When you see a message such as “Successfully installed the plugin PayPal Add-On…,” click the Activate plugin link.
- You will then see your Plugins listed. Under “Gravity Forms PayPal Standard Add-On“, click Settings.
- Instant Payment Notification (IPN) must be enabled on your PayPal account to continue. The following steps are provided by Gravity forms: Navigate to your PayPal IPN Settings page. If IPN is already enabled, you will see your current IPN settings along with a button to turn off IPN. If that is the case, just check the confirmation box below and you are ready to go! If IPN is not enabled, click the ‘Choose IPN Settings’ button. Click the box to enable IPN and enter the following Notification URL: http://example.com/?page=gf_paypal_ipn (They will list your actual domain, instead of “example.com”)
- Check the box to confirm you have setup IPN in Paypal, then click the Update Settings button.
Congratulations, you now know how to setup the Paypal Add-On in Gravity Forms for WordPress!