Joomla 2.5 has reached its end of life as for 12/31/2014. Please be advised this may be a security risk to your website. You can view more information about the end of life here.
When creating and editing articles in Joomla 2.5, you are using the TinyMCE WYSIWYG editor. There are other editors you can use, such as the JCE editor. Different editors have different features, and naturally some users prefer some over others.
The Joomla 2.5 JCE editor is by far the most popular editor for Joomla 2.5 besides the standard TinyMCE editor. In this Joomla 2.5 tutorial, we will show you how to download and install the JCE editor for Joomla 2.5
JCE editor installation steps:
- Download JCE
- Log into your Joomla 2.5 admin dashboard
- In the top menu, hover over Extensions and click Extension Manager
- Click the Install tab (which is the default tab)
- Upload JCEUnder Upload Package File, click Choose File. Browse your computer and find the file you downloaded in step 1. In our example, the file name is com_jce_2212.zip. Click the file to select it, and then click Open. Finally, click the Upload & Install button.After JCE has been installed successfully, you will see the following message appear:
Installing component was successful.
- You now have the JCE Editor installed! Your next step will be to set JCE as your default editor, because even though it is installed TinyMCE is still set as your editor.