ConvertKit is an email marketing service that you can use to send emails, newsletters, or other email content that can help to grow your audience. It can be integrated into your WordPress site using weForms. You can then gather customer information and start marketing campaigns that help to generate sales leads for your business.
In order to use ConvertKit with weForms, you will learn how it is integrated into weForms. Then, we will discuss the features of ConvertKit and how they can be used to help increase your sales leads.
Integrating Convertkit Through weForms
There are three major steps in integrating ConvertKit to weForms: Setting up your Convertkit account, Connecting your ConvertKit account, and Enabling ConvertKit in your forms.
Setting Up your Convertkit Account
Signing up for ConvertKit is free. There is a 14-day trial account that allows you to do what their Creator-level accounts can do. Otherwise, their accounts require payment when you go above 300 subscribers and want to do more than just grow your list of subscribers. For more details, you can check out the ConvertKit pricing page.
After you finish signing up for ConvertKit, your account will have an Account settings page where you will be able to get the API and Secret key. The keys are located in the Advanced section. Remember this location as you will need the keys for your plugin to integrate into weForms.
Connecting your ConvertKit Account
Once you have created your ConvertKit account you will be able to enable it and then connect it in weForms.
Note: The PRO version of weForms is required for the use of the ConvertKit module.
- Log in to your WordPress Administrator.
- In the main menu, click on weForms, then click on Modules.
- Scroll down through your modules until you find ConvertKit Integration. It should be enabled by default, but you can click on the slider to enable it if necessary.
After ensuring that the module has been enabled, your next still be to add API and secret key into the weForms settings for ConvertKit.
- Click on weForms, then click on Settings.
- When you’re on the weForms Settings page you will see a column of items to the left of the page. Scroll down until you find ConvertKit. Click on it.
- Here you will find two fields: API Key and API Secret. Go back to your ConvertKit account and copy the keys into these fields.
- Click on the Save Changes button.
weForms has a step-by-step list for enabling ConvertKit that you can also refer to for this process.
Enabling ConvertKit in your Forms
The final step in integrating ConvertKit into your forms is to create forms where the fields are linked to ConvertKit.
- Click on weForms, then click on All Forms.
- Create a new form, or edit an existing one.
- In the form click on Integrations.
- When you get to the integrations search for ConvertKit. Make sure the slide is enabled then click on the gear to open up the mapping fields portion for the form.
- You will need to first select a list (from ConvertKit) at the top of this form. Then map the fields of the form you have created in weForms with the list that you selected. These fields will appear under “Mapping Fields.” The only required field is email. but you can customize the ConvertKit fields you are mapping to match your weForms form.
- Click Save Form to complete the integration tab for your form.
- Double-check that your form appears correctly when called from your website.
Viewers of that form who fill it out will be emailed a confirmation email. When that email is confirmed, then a subscriber is created and saved in the “list” that you have selected from ConvertKit. The form that you have created in weForms is generating an email list.
The ConvertKit-integrated list could be email subscribers to a newsletter, users asking for more information on a particular topic, people asking for notifications about an event, or other information you can request in the form. ConvertKit allows you to organize these requests and build new sales leads based on the information you are receiving.
Why Should You Use ConvertKit for weForms?
The best reasons for using the ConvertKit integration into weForms include its ease of use in managing your email marketing, the ability to organize email lists, and the ability to help increase conversions based on the interests of your subscribers.
Ease of Use
Creating forms integrated with ConvertKit in weForms is one of the easiest things you can start with when beginning your email marketing efforts. You can easily increase your email subscribers through weForms and then manage the created list in ConverKit.
ConvertKit provides you with tools and templates to create content beyond the forms that you can create in weForms. You can create broadcasts with an A/B test option that is built into their interface making it very easy and quick to create different messages with content for testing.
You can also build sequences where you have multiple emails set up to be sent in a particular order for all or parts of your email list.
Organize Email Lists
ConvertKit allows you to organize your lists with tags or segments. Tags are used to organize people and segments are used to organize tags. For example, you might have a bunch of people interested in Mexican or Italian food. Tags can be used to identify those people. A segment in your account could be labeled “Food” and then include the tags of Mexican or Italian.
This allows you to have multiple marketing campaigns where you can apply only portions of your list based on the tags/segments. This feature allows you to maximize your efforts in the appropriate areas while retaining customers in other areas that may not need as much attention.
Help Increase Conversions
The ultimate goal of your marketing efforts is to increase your revenue. It is also important to remember that your efforts in organizing your users help you to understand the needs of your customers. In turn, you are building trust and increasing your potential sales leads through your email marketing efforts.
Email marketing can often be something that you dread because it means managing a list that can consist of thousands of addresses. weForms provides a great solution with the option to integrate ConvertKit into your WordPress site.
Use ConvertKit for weForms to easily build forms that help increase your audience and your sales.