weForms is a drag-and-drop form plugin that allows you to add a form to your WordPress site. Once installed, you’ll be able to easily create a form perfectly tailored for your organization or business. With over 33 field types and pre-built templates to choose from, weForms is a time saver, allowing you to get back to your business. This article will walk you through how to create a contact form in weForms.
Experience secure, optimized hosting with our WordPress Hosting.
Create a Contact Form Using weForms
- Navigate to weForms in the left-hand panel. On the All Forms page, click Contact Form. By default, a contact form will come preloaded. We’ll customize this form for this tutorial. However, you can create a new form by clicking Add Form towards the top of the settings screen.
- Once you’ve clicked on Contact Form, the next screen will be the editing screen for the form. You will now be able to add, delete, and edit fields for the form. To add a field, click on one of the options in the right-hand panel then drag it over to the form. You can change the position of the new field by dragging it up and down within the form. Also, you can change the name of the form by clicking on the form name right above the display of the form.
Of note, not all field types are available with the free version of the plugin.
- To edit the new field, hover over it then click the pencil icon. This will work for existing fields as well. The field options will display in the right-hand panel. Within the field options, you will be able to change the name of the field, add field selection options (if applicable), add assistant text (which will give website visitors information/instructions about the field), and mark the field as required.
Underneath the general options, there is a set of advanced options that you can use to further customize the field. Make sure you click Save Form to save your work.
Form Settings in weForms
- To edit the overall form settings, click on the Settings tab while in the Form Editor. Form Settings allows you to set up a redirect after the form is submitted, edit the submission message, and change the text on the submit button
- Submission Restrictions allow you to schedule a time period the form is active, require a login to submit the form, and limit the number of form submissions. Make sure you click Save Form to save your changes.
- Display Settings allow you to change the position of the field names and enable your theme’s style for the form fields. Make sure you click Save Form to save your changes.
Form Notifications in weForms
- To edit the notifications settings for the form you created, click on the Notifications tab within the Form Editor. You’ll already have a default admin notification setup, but you can add another by clicking Add Notification above the list of notifications.
- You can edit your notification settings by clicking on the gear icon, or the name of the notification (in this case, Admin Notification). Within the notification options, you’ll be able to change the delivery type, the receiving email, the subject shown, and the number of fields you’ll receive within the body of the email. Make sure you click Done and Save Form to save your changes.