One of the more common forms that you will use with weForms is the Contact Form. Along with your contact information, it is now common to include a map of your location. weForms includes the ability to add Google Maps making this task very simple. The following article will show you where to add your Google Maps API key and how to add it to a form.
Per Google: “New Users: Before you can start using the Google Maps Platform APIs and SDKs, you must sign up and create a billing account. To learn more, see Get Started with Google Maps Platform. ” For more information, please see the Google Maps Platform documentation page.
Want a better home for your WordPress site? Check out InMotion’s WordPress Hosting for secure, optmized servers that are configured for your budget needs.
Where to add the Google API Key in weForms
As per Google, you will need to have a billable account before you can get the actual Google Maps API key. The instructions below will require that you’re logged into the WordPress Administrator Dashboard.
- Click on weForms on the main menu.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Google Map.
- Click in the API Key field and paste the key that you obtained from Google.
- Click on Save Changes.
Your next step will be to add the map to your form.
Add Google Maps to your Form
- Select the form that you want to edit or create a new form.
- In the Form Editor, click on Google Map. If your key has been added properly, then the option will be available to you.
- In the editor column on the right, add the address you want to use in the map.
- Click on Save Form.
Congratulations! You now know how to add Google Maps to your forms in weForms. To learn more go to the weForms Product Guide.