In this guide, we’ll show you how to access the AbanteCart Admin Panel. The Admin Panel or administration area is the main area you will need to access after installing AbanteCart. This is where you can customize and manage your AbanteCart eCommerce website.
Everything from adding products to changing your AbanteCart theme can be handled in the Admin panel. Follow along and learn how to login to your AbanteCart Admin Panel, so you can begin managing or building your custom online store.
Keep in mind that AbanteCart can be easily installed using Softaculous, which is included with all of InMotion’s Shared Hosting plans.
Note: You must have AbanteCart installed before you can complete the steps in this guide.
Access AbanteCart Admin Panel
In this section, we’ll show you how to access your Admin Panel login page. Keep in mind that this URL is custom to your setup. This is because a secret login is chosen during the AbanteCart installation process, along with the username and password.
- Visit your AbanteCart website URL, such as example.com.
- Add the following to the end of your URL without the quotation marks:
Be sure to replace “admin123” with the secret Admin Folder you entered during the installation.
- You will then see the AbanteCart Administration login page. Enter your username.
- Enter your AbanteCart password. You can also click the Forgot Password link to reset your password via email.
- Click the Login button after entering your username and password.
You will then be logged into your AbanteCart Admin Panel area. It will look similar to this.
What to Do if I Forgot My Login URL
Since the login URL is unique to each AbanteCart site, there may be times where you can’t remember the page address. In this case, you can use the cPanel File Manager or FTP to access the config.php file and view the setting. Follow these steps to view your login URL and regain access to your AbanteCart Admin Panel.
- Login to cPanel.
- Click the File Manager button in the Files section.
- Navigate to the document root of your AbanteCart site. This is the folder where your eCommerce site is installed.
- Double-click the system folder to open it.
- Right-click and Edit the config.php file.
- If you see an encoding message, click the Edit button to continue.
- Look for the line that starts with the following:
In my test, it was on line 12 of the config.php file.
- Right after that you will see your secret admin URL. In this example, it is “admin123”.
- Add that to the end of your domain name to access the login page. Such as:
Be sure to replace “admin123” with your actual URL path.
Congratulations, now you know how to access your AbanteCart Admin Panel. You can login and begin managing or customizing your AbanteCart eCommerce store. Be sure to check out our AbanteCart section for more helpful tutorials to help you create a successful eCommerce store.