The JEvents Calendar in Joomla 3 helps you easily track and manage events. In this tutorial we will show you how to install the JEvents Calendar in Joomla 3.
This is just the install guide, but in future tutorials we’ll show you how to add events and display your calendars too!
JEvents Installation Steps for Joomla 3
- Download the JEvents extension, by clicking the Download button on the the Joomla extensions page here.
- On the next screen, click the link for the 3.x version of JEvents 3.1.
- On the next screen, click the button titled Download jevents_3.1.17.zip, and download the file to your computer.
- Login to the Joomla 3 admin panel.
- In the main menu, hover over Extensions, then Extension Manager.
- In the Upload & Install Joomla Extension section, click the Choose File button and select the JEvents extension you downloaded. It should be titled: jevents_3.1.17.zip
- Click the Upload & Install button
- You will then see a message stating “You have successfully UPGRADED to JEvents Version: 3.1.17”
Congratulations, now you know how to successfully install the JEvents Calendar extension in Joomla 3! Your next step will be to setup an Add events page.