Now that you’ve installed the JEvents Joomla 3 calendar component, the next thing to do is allow users to add events. In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to create a link on your site called Add an event. When users click this menu link, they’ll be taken to a form where they can then add an event.
- Log into your Joomla 3 dashboard
- In the top menu, hover over Menus, hover over the menu you want to add the JEvents link to, and then click Add New Menu Item
Next to Menu Title, enter a title for this page. We used, Add an event
- Next to Menu Item Type, click Select
- Find jevents in the list, and then click on it
- When the list expands under jevents, click Create JEvents
- In the top left of the page, click Save
As you can see in the screenshot to the right, in our top menu we have a link that says Add an event. In our text tutorial, we’ll show you how users can click that link and add an event to our Joomla 3 calendar!