As a Reseller, you will most likely have customers that require SSL certificates for their websites. You can purchase SSL’s from the InMotion Store, then install them for your customers.
Resellers also have the option of using FreeSSL certificates with their domains. For more information, please see How to Add FreeSSL Certificates to Reseller Accounts. Note that if your reseller sites are handling critical data such as credit card transactions or other sensitive data, then it is suggested that you purchase an SSL certificate with a dedicated IP address. Need more dedicated IP’s? Be sure to check out our newest Reseller VPS hosting plans that include more!
In this tutorial we will walk you through buying, and configuring an SSL as a reseller.
How to Purchase the SSL:
- Login to the InMotion Store, then click the Security link.
- On the Security Solutions page, click the purchase button for the SSL you want, pricing depends on the specific SSL option you purchase. For this guide I am selecting GeoTrust.
- On the Purchase a SSL Certificate page, select your options and click the Continue button. Below is a brief description of the available options:
Option Description SSL Provider Choose which company you want to purchase the SSL from, you can select GeoTrust or Comodo. SSL Certificate Choose which SSL you need for your website, click the Compare button to view a chart with detailed information on the plans. Period Select from 1-4 years. Quantity Choose how many of these SSL’s you want to purchase, options are 1-5. Add a new domain to this purchase? If you also want to purchase a domain name, enter it in this field.
- Now, click the My Account link, then scroll down and click Manage under SSL Certificates.
- You will see your SSL listed with an Awaiting Configuration status, click it:
- You will then be in the SSL Certificate Manager page, choose your Web Server Type: Apache + ApacheSSL, cPanel, or Red Hat will work.
- In the CSR field, paste your CSR.
- Fill in the contact information for the domain, and click the Submit Certificate for Approval button.
- You will then be sent an email with the subject “RapidSSL Certificate Request Confirmation,” click the link after the message “Username requests that you come to the URL below to review and approve this certificate request,” it will look like this:
- You will then be redirected to an approval page, review the information, and click the I Approve button. You will then see an Order Successfully Approved message and a notification stating “Your order has been successfully approved and the certificate will be either emailed to you or delivered via your certificate supplier. If you have any questions, or you do not receive the certificate shortly, you should contact your supplier or RapidSSL.com Support.”
- You will receive and email with the SSL within it, it will look similar to this:
- Copy the Certificate and install the SSL in WHM.
Congratulations, now you know how to order an SSL from the InMotion Store!