When you are finished testing a website, you can easily publish it to a new server environment with just a couple clicks. Simply open your project and click the Publish button from your dashboard. This guide will walk you through publishing your WordPress site to a new server with InMotion Central.
Publish Your Site to High-Performance VPS
- Login to InMotion Central.
- Roll your mouse over the project you want to make live and click The Bridge button.
- If you have multiple environments, you may have to click the Environment link to choose the one you want to publish.
- On the next page, click the Publish button.
- On the Publish Site page, click the Get Started button under Cloud WordPress.
- You can then choose the best server for the site by moving the slider between Budget Friendly and Excellent Performance. The price will automatically adjust and list the monthly or yearly price for you. After choosing your server level, click the Next button.
Note: If you already purchased hosting, and this is the first site you are publishing, you will not see this step.
- On the next page you can select your Payment Method and Renewal Period. Check the box to agree with the terms of service, then click the Submit Order button.
- Your credit card will then be processed, then click the Publish button. You will then see a message stating that the publishing has started.
- Click the View Status button to go to the Project Settings page and monitor the progress.
- Once the publishing is completed, you will see a message stating “We’ve created a username and password for you. Please store these credentials in a safe place now. You will not be able to access them again.” Click the Show button.
- You will then see your username and password. Click the button next to them if you want to copy them to your clipboard.
Updating Your Site URL
After publishing your site to a server successfully, the final step is updating your site URL.
- Roll your mouse over the project you are working on and click The Bridge button.
- If you have multiple environments, you may have to click the Environment link to choose the one that you published.
- Then click the Project Settings link on the top of the page.
- Click the Add Domain button in the Publishing Status section.
- You can then select a domain from the drop-down menu.If your domain has not been added yet, click the Add New Domain button. For more information see our full guide on Adding a Domain to InMotion Central. Once your domain has been added you can proceed to the next step.
- Click the Continue button.
- You will then have the option to create a Subdomain or click Continue Without Subdomain.
- Finally, click the Apply Site URL button.
You are finished when you see a message stating “Your site is live!”
Congratulations, now you know how to publish your site to a server with InMotion Central. We recommend our guide on Managing Your Server with InMotion Central.