WARNING: You will need an SSL before attempting to complete this tutorial.
An SSL Certificate is just one way to protect your WordPress website. Be sure to check out the many features WordPress Hosting by InMotion Hosting includes and host your customized website in an environment developed for optimal security.
Enabling HTTPS in WordPress
- Log into the WordPress Dashboard.
- Roll your mouse over Settings in the navigation menu, then click General. Below is a depiction of the steps:
- In the WordPress Address (URL) field, enter your https address.
- Enter your https address in the Site Address (URL) field. WordPress advises “Enter the address here if you want your site homepage to be different from the directory you installed WordPress.”
- Click the Save Changes button on the bottom. You are finished when you see a “Settings saved” message.