Site speed is one of the most important aspects of hosting any website. Today user experience is greatly affected by how fast a website can deliver content, therefore the first seconds are crucial to creating an impression on your viewer.
If you are interested in optimizing the performance of your WordPress site, the following articles will help you on your journey.
If you want to increase the speed of your WordPress site, but don’t know where to start, this is a great place to do so. From running your first website speed test to installing plugins that can help you boost your performance, we will cover all the bases to help you get started.
The Performance Lab plugin arrived with new ways to optimize your WordPress site. Many of the aspects introduced in the plugin will eventually be merged into WordPress Core (available for all updated installations), so it is good to get familiarized with this plugin.
- Core Contributors Propose Official WordPress Performance Team
- WordPress Releases the Performance Lab Plugin
- How To Install the WordPress Performance Lab Plugin (And Why)
- How To Check If Your Site Needs Persistent Object Cache
- Using “Experimental” Modules in The WordPress Performance Lab Plugin
- Convert Jpeg Images to WebP With WordPress Performance Lab
While not everything can be resolved with a WordPress plugin, server-side modifications can greatly increase your speed and help boost your website. The following documents will help you understand and guide you through the process.