When working with images in WordPress, it is possible that you get an error when uploading to your site. This error is a rather vague HTTP error. This can leave many people puzzled as to how to fix this. Here we will show you one method to correct the error in your WordPress site.
Correcting the HTTP Upload Error
- Log into your cPanel dashboard.
- Using the file manager, navigate to your WordPress site’s root directory.
- Locate and open the .htaccess file for editing.
- Add the following line of code at the top of the file:
SetEnv MAGICK_THREAD_LIMIT 1
- Save the changes to the .htaccess file.
Now you should be able to upload the image in your WordPress site without issue. If your problems persist, we recommend following our WordPress Troubleshooting guide.